What is a Leadership Development Coordinator (LDC)?
An LDC is, simply put, a student advisor to their respective residence hall’s government. They will strive to help members of their hall’s government develop and progress as leaders by encouraging contribution, helping establish personal and group goals, and recognizing members who are worthy of recognition.
This is a program that was started for the 2013-2014 Academic Year and was reapproved by the RHA Senate for the 2014-2015 Academic Year.
What are the requirements?
A LDC at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln must be/have:
- A full-time student, living in the residence hall in which he/she applies to be a LDC for.
- An active and well-standing member of the residence hall government in which they wish to become a LDC for both the fall and spring semester of the current academic year.
- 2.0 or higher GPA
- Committed to staying in the residence hall in which they apply to become a LDC for the entirety of the 2013-2014 school year.
What are the benefits?
- Excellent leadership experience working with your hall's government.
- Motivated hall government that works harder to plan great events and improvements.
- $150 stipend per semester, paid at the end of the semester.
What are the expectations?
- Attend all government meetings and executive meetings. Absences MUST be excused.
- Help your Residence Director with elections and getting the hall government organized and moving at the beginning of the year.
- Keep track of attendance at government meetings and follow up with members who are not showing up.
- Have individual meetings twice a semester or as deemed appropriate with each member of your hall’s government to set goals, answer questions, and help keep them motivated and involved.
- Have one meeting a month with all other LDCs (at a time determined by them) to discuss what is working, what needs improvement, and ideas/suggestions they have to improve their position.
- Focus on recognizing groups or individuals for the work they do. OTM (Of the Month) training will be provided and expected for you to use.
- Other responsibilities deemed necessary by your Residence Director.